Our heart skips a beat when we receive an incorrect password error. Especially, if that is our primary email ID having all our confidential information. Thankfully, Comcast has a pretty straightforward method by which you can get your lost Comcast email password back. For Comcast email password recovery you just need to prove Xfinity system that you are the legitimate owner of the email account for which you are resetting the password.
This post is of your significance if you don’t know how to reset Comcast email password. Here, we will let you know about the step by step process to recover Comcast email account password.
How to reset Comcast email password?
It is very easy to retrieve Comcast passwords using the Xfinity Password reset tool. As mentioned earlier, you will have to prove your identity and the system will let you create a new password. The complete step by step process is as follows.
- First and foremost, you need to visit the Xfinity password reset tool by visiting the following website i.e. xfinity.com/password.
- Next, enter your Xfinity ID and click continue (In case you are not sure what your Comcast username then go to Xfinity.com/username)
- In the next step, you should complete the security by correctly typing the moving letter displaying on your screen. Click on the “Continue” button after entering the information.
- Now, choose the method by which you want to recover your password and click Continue. If you only have one recovery option available to you, you won’t see a list.
Recover Comcast Xfinity email password by alternate email Account or phone number
- Those who are resetting the password by recovery email will see a confirmation that the password reset link has been sent to their inbox. They need to open that email and click on the link available on the email.
- Similarly, those who are resetting the password by SMS will get a text message from Xfinity. They will have to enter the code available in the SMS and click on the “Continue” button.
- If you are resetting the password by calling then you will get an automated call that reads the reset code aloud to you. You will have to enter the code and click “Continue”.
Recover Xfinity Comcast email password by answering security questions (With phone number or alternate email)
- The secret question and answer recovery option won’t display if you have two verified contact points (i.e., mobile phone number and personal email).
- In this method, you will have to answer the security question correctly and click continue.
- Remember, in case you enter the incorrect answer to your secret question three times, the secret question password recovery method will be temporarily disabled on the third failed attempt. In such a situation, you will have to opt for another method of password recovery by clicking the “Verify another way” button. Once you are done picking the correct way to reset your password, you will be able to use the password recovery by security questions once again.
- You will get the option of creating a new password once you are done verifying your identity.
- Then, you will have to provide a new password for your Comcast email account and confirm it by entering the same once again.
That’s it, Comcast email password recovery is now complete. You may now sign in to your Xfinity Comcast email account by using your new login credentials.
How can I change the Xfinity Comcast email Password?
It is often advised that we should keep changing the password of your email account at regular intervals. This will help you keep your account safe. If you are currently able to sign in to your Xfinity Comcast email account then you can change its password very easily. All you are required to do is follow the steps listed below.
- First of all, you need to sign in to your Xfinity email account using your current login credentials.
- Then, click on the “My Account” button available under the User tab.
- Click on the “Edit” button available next to the user.
- Scroll down to the “Xfinity ID and password” section and click on the “Edit” button next to the password.
- Now, you will be asked to provide a new password.
- Enter a new and strong password for your Comcast email account that you can remember easily.
- Confirm the new password by entering it once again.
- Next, you should click on the “Save” button.
Change your Xfinity Comcast password using the Xfinity My Account App
You can also use the Xfinity My Account App to change your Xfinity Comcast password. The step by step to change the password through the App is given below.
- You need to begin the password by signing in to your Xfinity My Account app on your mobile phone.
- Open the “Account Information” section that is showing your name and Xfinity ID.
- Then, tap on the “Change Password” section.
- Enter your current Xfinity Password.
- Provide your new Xfinity Comcast password twice to confirm it.
- Tap “Save”.
- Finally, a confirmation page will display on your screen.
In case your password doesn’t meet the minimum password requirements, you’ll get an error message. The minimum password requirements of Comcast email are as follows.
- The length of your password should be 8 to 128 characters.
- The password should have at least one letter and at least one number or special character
- You must not include your first name, last name, or any part of your Xfinity ID in the password.
- Don’t include spaces in your password.
- Comcast Email Password Reset – Best Comcast Email Reset Password Guide
- How to Fix Login Issue in Comcast Email Account?
- Comcast Email Permanent Error Message – Permanent error sending to specific email address