Reset Verizon Email Password: In case you have a Verizon email account then you might know that this email service is retired and users have to access their email account through AOL. The username and password of Verizon work perfectly well on AOL in case you have transferred your data to AOL earlier. However, many users found themselves in a rather confusing situation when they forget AOL email password. You should note that know you have to follow the process of AOL in order to reset your Verizon Email password.
In case you can’t remember your Verizon email password and looking to reset the same then this post can help you a lot. In this post, we are going to provide you with the complete details related to the Reset Verizon Email Password.
How to reset Verizon Email password?
You should note that it is not possible to retrieve the same Verizon email password that you were using previously. However, you may reset the same and create a new one. In case you don’t know how to reset Verizon Email password then you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, you need to visit the AOL login page.
- Next, you have to click on the “Forget password” link.
- Then, enter your Verizon username, or phone number/ alternate email ID associated with your account.
- After that, you have to verify your identity by providing the security code.
- You will receive the security code either on your phone number or alternate email ID.
- Enter the security code received accurately.
- In case you enter the security code correctly then you will get the option to create a new password.
- In the next step, you will have to provide a new password for your Verizon account. Apart from this, you also need to confirm the password by entering it for one more time.
- Finally, you just have to save the changes.
To check your new password, you may sign-in using the new login credentials.
What are the steps to change Verizon Email password?
In case you haven’t forgotten the password but looking to change the same then you have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, you need to visit the official login page of AOL and sign-in using the current login credentials.
- Then, you have to click on your profile picture available in the top-right corner on the web page. This will bring you to your account page.
- After that, you are required to visit the navigation pane on the left-hand side panel and click on the “Account Security” button.
- Next, click on the “Change Password” button.
- Now, enter a new password for your Verizon email account that you want to use. You have to type the new password once again in order to confirm it. To make entering new password easier, you may click on the “Show Password”.
- Finally, click on the “Continue” to save the changes.
Tips for setting Verizon Email password
Given below are some tips that you can follow in order to create a strong Verizon email password.
- You should always try to create a unique password for your Verizon email account. Try to avoid obvious words like “Password”.
- The longer the password more secure it is. The length of your password must be 12 characters or longer.
- You should not be obvious. Never use your nickname, date of birth, or phone number as your password.
- Avoid sequences like 111, aaa, bbb, 123, etc. while creating a new password.
- Never share your password with anyone. Even if someone claims to be from Verizon, you should never share your password.