MS Office is the most popular office suite on the planet. It has a group of applications that can make your office work smoothly. The applications included in MS Office are word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook, etc. All these software are designed meticulously and work properly most of the time. However, on some rare occasions, you might have to deal with various problems as well.
If you use MS Office for your official work then an issue with the Microsoft Office application can be immensely irritating. Keep reading this post in case MS Office isn’t working for you. Here, we will let you know about the step-by-step process to fix MS Office issue in the most simple manner possible.
Common MS Office Errors and Issues
There is no office suite available on the Internet that is completely immune to issues. In fact, there are a large number of technical and non-technical errors that can ruin your complete experience of using MS Office. We have compiled a list of some of the most commonly reported errors and problems with MS Office.
- MS Office Apps not working After Windows 11 Update
- Error installing Office 2021
- MS Office Error code 30015-2008 (5)
- Microsoft Office apps not opening while trying to open Office programs
- MS Office Error Code 30015-11 (32212255060)
- Microsoft Office Error code 0-2054
- Microsoft Office Error code 30016-27
- MS Office Error Code 0-2034
- MS Office Error Code 30015-11 (3221549087)
- Error code Appvisvsubsystems64.dll Missing in Microsoft Office
- MS office not working on Windows 10
- Fix Error code 0-1012 (0) while installing MS Office
- Microsoft Office Not Opening – Word, Excel, PowerPoint Programs
- MS Word not opening
- Unable to install MS Office
The errors mentioned above are very frequently reported by the users. But, the good thing is that you can resolve most of them by following some basic troubleshooting measures.
How to fix MS Office Not Working?
The solution to fix your MS Office depends upon the exact problem you are dealing with. It is difficult for us to suggest one or two solutions because we don’t know the exact issue you are encountering right now. Nonetheless, we have created a list of solutions that you can try in order to most common MS Office problems as given below.
1st Solution – Try opening files from MS Office Programs
- In case you aren’t able to open a particular MS office file directly then you should open the same through the corresponding office program.
- To do that, you can try the following steps.
- First of all, you need to open the MS Office App i.e. Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
- Click on File and then “Open”.
- After that, you will have to choose the target file.
- Now, the file should open and display on your screen.
2nd Solution – Check Task Manager
- This solution is for problems like MS Office not opening on Windows 10, etc.
- It is possible that the MS Office application might already be running in the background.
- So you should open the Task Manager and check the same. To do that, you should process Alt+Ctrl+Dlt buttons on your keyboard together.
3rd Solution – Check and confirm that MS office is activated
- You should also confirm that MS Office is activated on the windows computer you are using.
- Please note that to enjoy the full functionality of MS Office, you should always make sure that you are using an updated version.
- Also, confirm that you are using a genuine copy of Software. Microsoft Office won’t start in case you are not using the original copy.
4th Solution – Update Microsoft Office
- MS Office works the best when it is updated. So you should update immediately in case you are using an obsolete version.
- You can update Microsoft Office very easily. All you have to do is click on the “Update” button that will display right above the picture and choose “Update Now”.
5th Solution – Stop ClickToRunSvc Service
- You should opt for this solution if you are facing a “Microsoft Office Has Stopped Working” Error. This solution is also effective in case your MS office app is taking forever to respond.
- The steps to disable the ClickToRunSvc service are given below.
- Firstly, you should right-click on the taskbar and select “Task Manager”.
- Then, switch to the “Services” tab.
- After that, you must right-click on the “ClickToRunSvc” option and choose “Stop”.
- Next, you may try to open the office file to check if the problem is solved or not.
6th Solution – Repair MS Office
- Repairing MS office can resolve the problem associated with all kinds of apps like word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- You can repair the office by following the steps listed below.
- Firstly, you should search “Control Panel” in the Windows Taskbar and Open “Windows Control Panel”.
- Then, go to the “Uninstall Programs” section under “Programs”.
- Now, a list of programs will display on your screen.
- Right-click on Microsoft Office and choose “Change”.
- On the next pop-up window, you either need to click Quick Repair or Online Repair.
- Finally, click “Repair” to start.
7th Solution – Reinstall MS Office
- Repairing should fix the Microsoft Office not working problem. However, if the issue continues then you should uninstall Office from the control panel.
- After uninstalling, you must install the MS office once again. Make sure you download and install the file from an authentic source.
Finally, if the problem persists for a longer time then you should contact MS office Customer Service and look for advanced solutions.